Agendas & Minutes
ESTABLISHED - 2013
The Peculiar Tree Board is established under Section 050 of Chapter 126: Tree Maintenance Code of the Peculiar Municipal Code.
The Peculiar Tree Board exists under the jurisdiction of the Peculiar Park Board and shall be a sub-committee of said board. The Tree Board shall consist of three (3) or more individuals serving on the Park Board (whose members are appointed by the Mayor), and two (2) at-large members appointed by the Mayor. The City shall have no more than two (2) representatives, (the City Arborist and the Parks & Recreation Director or his/her designee), serving on the Tree Board. The Tree Board shall be limited to no more than five (5) total members and two (2) City Staff Representatives as defined above.
Term Limits for the “At Large” seats appointed by the Mayor shall be three (3) years from the time of appointment. Term Limits for the appointed members of the Park Board shall fall within the limits of their Park Board appointments as established by the Mayor.
A. The City Tree Board shall have the following duties:
1. To beautify the appearance of the City of Peculiar by promoting and encouraging the responsible planting, care, replacement, and maintenance of trees in the City
2. To study, investigate and counsel the Board of Alderman regarding the care, preservation, pruning, planting, replanting, removal or disposition of trees.
3. To provide educational materials and programs to the public concerning the advantages of trees and the planting and maintenance of all trees within the community.
4. To provide a written Tree Management Plan and to update such plan as needed. The Tree Management Plan shall include goals for City arboriculture efforts and information on tree trimming requirements, i.e., clearance distances.
5. To assist in the supervision of a Memorial Tree Program including the selection, purchase, placement, and maintenance of trees suitable for planting in Peculiar’s public parks and/or arboretum. Monetary gifts or donations to participate in the Memorial Tree program shall be received by the City Finance Department and shall be placed in an appropriate fund within the Parks & Recreation Department budget for the purposes of the City Tree Board activities.
6. To assist the City in preparing the annual Arbor Day proclamation and observance.
7. To assist the City in becoming certified as a Tree City USA.
TREE BOARD MEMBERS
If you are interested in volunteering for the Peculiar Tree Board, please fill out the "boards/Commissions application" and return it to the City Clerk
Missouri's Arbor Day, April 5, 2014 (the Peculiar Tree Board and families planted over 100 trees at Raisbeck Park)
Arbor Day, April 22, 2013
Eastern White Pine
Peculiar City Hall